Today’s Ocean Promise: To boat CLEAN and GREEN in California.
Taking care of your recreational boat involves more than just making sure the engine runs smoothly and the cooler is stocked up with ice. The California Coastal Commission’s clean boating program provides excellent tips to prevent oil pollution from small recreational boats.
– Fuel outboard engines on land whenever possible, and never top off the tank.
– Use funnels to fill portable tanks.
– Use absorbent pads to catch spills.
– Keep absorbent pads in the bilge to absorb oil and prevent these from being discharged by the pump.
– Call 1-800-CLEANUP for hazardous waste disposal locations near you.