Our 8-hr HAZWOPER refresher is currently available for OWCN responders. Please read all of the following information, as our registration process is slightly different this year.
YOU MUST ALREADY BE IN THE OWCN RESPONDER DATABASE TO ACCESS OUR REFRESHER. Log into your OWCN responder profile, and go to the “Sign Up” tab. In the “Sign Up” tab, you will find the three modules. Make sure you sign up for all three! Once you sign up, you will find the activity listed in your “Assignments” tab. Hover over the activity title with your mouse to bring up a box containing a link to the module. When you click on the link, you will be taken to the Adobe sign in page, where you will enter your username (email address and password). Due to the ongoing spill response, we will be providing extra time for the refresher this summer. The refresher will be available through July 31st. Please remember that even though the refresher is open until July 31st, if you took it in June last year, your certificate expires on July 1st of this year. If it expires and we have another spill, you will not be eligible to respond in the hot zone!
1. For you veteran Adobe users, don’t forget that if you have password trouble and reset your password, please wait at least an hour for the reset to take place before you try to log back in.
2. Make sure you have a reliable, fast internet connection, or you may encounter problems with slides loading and viewing properly.
3. If you have trouble advancing the slide, sometimes slower browsers prevent the slide from fully loading. The “next” button is still there, it just hasn’t shown up yet. Try hovering your mouse around the lower center and right part of the screen. When the cursor changes, you are over the “next” button, and can click to advance.
4. When you take the quiz at the end you must click the “submit” button for your score to be recorded. The screen will go blank after that. That is normal – a blank screen after you click “submit” means we have your score!
5. Do not review your exam questions or open the module to any slide after you submit your quiz score. This will reset the module and will erase your score.
For technical questions, email me (email@example.com) or Steph (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you all for your patience, and happy refreshing!