The Oiled Wildlife Care Network (OWCN) is currently seeking proposals from researchers and wildlife professionals who are interested in getting answers to questions that will:
- Enhance our ability to save more animals
- Increase efficient use of current resources
- Facilitate adoption of new, effective technologies
Specifically, we are soliciting:
- Pre‐proposals for full research projects (> $15,000/yr for up to three years, with yearly re‐application)
- Small grant proposals for lower cost/pilot research projects (up to $15,000 for one year of funding)
- Proposals with direct application to OWCN readiness and response will be prioritized!
For more details regarding grant guidelines, proposal format, examples of previously-funded projects, and the review process, please visit the OWCN’s website and check out our Request for Pre-Proposals and Small Grant Proposals PDF.
- Investigators requesting > $15,000 (or for multiple years of support), should submit a pre-proposal no later than 5:00 pm (PST) on 15 October 2021. Should the pre-proposal be favorably reviewed, a full proposal will be required. Multi-year projects are considered. However, annual application, provision of complete and timely progress reports, and competitive review are required to maintain ongoing funding.
- Small-grant proposals should be submitted no later than 5:00 pm (PST) on 23 December 2021.
If you have questions, please contact Katie Leasure at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (530) 752-7526.